In this six-session small group Bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately), New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst helps women understand how cravings for lasting spiritual satisfaction are often mistaken for cravings for food.
According to Lysa, craving isn’t a bad thing. But the challenge is to realize God created us to crave so we’d ultimately desire more of Him in our lives, not more food. Many of us have misplaced that craving, and overindulge in physical pleasures instead of lasting spiritual satisfaction.
If you or someone you know is struggling with unhealthy eating habits, Made to Crave will help:
- Break the “I’ll start again Monday cycle” and start feeling good about yourself today
- Stop beating yourself up over the numbers on the scale and make peace with the body you’ve been given
- Discover how weight loss struggles aren’t a curse but, rather, a blessing in the making
- Replace justifications that lead to diet failure with empowering go-to scripts that lead to victory
- Eat healthy without feeling deprived
- Reach a healthy weight goal while growing closer to God through the process
- From Deprivation to Empowerment
- From Desperation to Determination
- From Guilt to Peace
- From Triggers to Truth
- From Permissible to Beneficial
- From Consumed to Courageous
Bonus session: Moving the Mountain
Designed for use with the Made to Crave Video Study (sold separately). When used in together, they provide you with practical tools that can strengthen your faith.
|Sold by:||Zondervan Publishing|
|File size:||2 MB|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Lysa TerKeurst is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the New York Times bestselling author of Uninvited and The Best Yes. She writes from her sticky farm table and lives with her family in North Carolina. Connect with her at www.LysaTerKeurst.com.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I was addicted to food. Just like a heroin addict needed to shoot up and get their fix, I needed to eat to get mine. Not because I was hungry, but because Satan was using my emotions to make me a slave to him through food. I loved the Lord and knew that He didn’t want this for me but I couldn’t put all the pieces together so I could see the big picture. Made To Crave was my missing piece. Lysa Terkeurst walked me through understanding what God has to say about my overeating and how, through the Holy Spirit, I could stop being a slave to Satan and finally be the victor in my battle with food. A must read for any Christian dealing with food addiction.
Excellent book; makes you access where you are in your relationship w/God.
This book, along with the entire series has helped me to gain a better grasp on what I crave versus what I was Made to Crave! Craving God is the reason we were born, but so many things come in the way of that, and food is a main craving for so many people. This book is a great guideline for ways to make changes in life to not only be healthier but to also have a greater and closer relationship with God!
I thought I was ordering the book but inadvertently ordered the guide.