Temporarily Out of Stock Online
A quick and accurate way to calculate key investment ratios
Written by a leading finance expert, this book offers readers simple explanations on how to calculate and interpret key financial ratios-information that is essential for the accurate assessment of a company's financial condition and the true value of its shares. This comprehensive resource is packed with numerous examples from actual company reports and features a supporting Web site at www.magicnumbersbook.com. Readers will also find many online reference sources, including company Web sites and free software offers.
Peter Temple is a graduate in economics and statistics from the University of Wales, and is a Fellow of the UK Securities Institute. After an 18-year career as an investment analyst in fund management and investment banking, Temple turned to full-time writing in 1988 as a freelance financial journalist and author.
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 10.25(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Peter Temple has spent 33 years working in or writing about financial markets. After an 18-year career in fund management and stockbroking, he became a full-time writer in 1988. He has written more than a dozen books about finance and investing, mainly aimed at private investors. His articles appear widely in the financial press. He and his wife live in part of a converted water mill in the English Lake District.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Valuation "Magic Numbers".
1. Price to Sales Ratio.
2. Price to Book Value.
3. Enterprise Value to Sales.
5. Peg Factor.
6. Price to Research Ratio.
7. Reinvested Return on Equity.
Part 2: Income Statement "Magic Numbers".
8. Sales, Earnings, and Equity Per Share.
9. Sales, Earnings, and Equity-per-share Ratios.
10. Staff Costs as a Percentage of Sales.
11. Directors? Remuneration as a Percentage of Net Income.
12. Sales and Profit Per Employee.
13. "Pro-Forma" Earnings.
Part 3: Cash Flow Statement "Magic Numbers"
15. Operating Cash Flow/Operating Profit.
16. Price to Free-cash-flow Ratio.
17. Free Cash Flow (FCF) to Sales.
18. Return on Invested Capital.
19. Discounted Cash Flow.
Part 4: Balance Sheet "Magic Numbers" .
20. Current Ratio and "Acid Test".
21. Debtors Days and Creditor Days.
22. Stock Days and Stockturn.
24. Return on Capital Employed.
25a. Z-Score Components.
25b. The Z-Score.
Appendix: Finding the Information.