When it comes to communicating with others, message sent = message received, right? Wrong. From endless PowerPoint presentations and work-related jargon to constant nagging and bickering at home, we’re often not aware of the messages we’re sending others and how they may be interpreted.
In Make the Connection, Steve Adubato shares concrete tips and tools that will help you connect more effectively at work, at home, under pressure, in leadership roles, and in high-tech environments. From avoiding unnecessary arguments with a spouse to coaching a valuable, but difficult employee, Adubato delves into the key factors that motivate people to act and respond the way that they do.
- You will find answers to some of the most common questions about public speaking, interacting in the workplace, and communicating at home, including:
- Why even practiced speakers sometimes experience stage fright
- How to conduct yourself in confrontational situations, such as receiving a public insult
- Why we hide behind e-mail messages when we have something very difficult to say
- How to negotiate a good deal and still be honest
- What forms of persuasion are more effective than nagging
Filled with timely examples and useful suggestions, Make the Connection is a must-read for everyone looking to improve their professional and personal relationships.
|Publisher:||Barnes & Noble|
|Product dimensions:||5.80(w) x 8.30(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author