Jeffrey Weeks has established an international reputation as one of the most original and influential writers on the social history of sexuality.
|Product dimensions:||6.23(w) x 9.28(h) x 0.96(d)|
About the Author
Jeffrey Weeks is Dean of South Bank University and Professor of Sociology
Table of Contents
Introduction: Making Sexual History.
Part I: Contested Knowledge: Writers on Sexuality:.
1. Havelock Ellis and the Politics of Sex Reform.
2. Mary McIntosh and the Homosexual Role.
3. Dennis Altman and the politics of (Homo)sexual liberation.
4. Guy Hocquenghem and Homosexual Desire.
5. Foucault for Historians.
Part II: Histories of Sexuality:.
6. Sexuality and History Revisited.
7. AIDS and the Regulation of Sexuality.
8. An Unfinished Revolution: Sexuality in the 20th Century.
Part III: Making History: .
9. The Idea of a Sexual Community.
10. Community Responses to HIV and AIDS.
11. Everyday Experiments: Narratives of Non-Heterosexual Relationships.
12. Millennium Blues and Beyond: sexuality at the fin de millennium.