JUMP START PRODUCTIVITY, PROFITABLILITY, AND BUSINESS GROWTH WITH SOCIAL MEDIA!
Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube have changed everything. Some managers fear their employees will waste entire days using online social media. Smart managers, though, understand that social media is a powerful tool for engaging customers and growing their business.
Manager’s Guide to Social Media is a primer on the biggest thing in business since the Internet itself, helping you successfully implement social media technologies in the workplace. Learn how to:
- Manage your company’s online reputation
- Set internal policies on the proper use of social media
- Build "rivers" of information to outsmart the competition
- Implement social tools internally to support virtual teams
- Forecast the next trends in social media
Briefcase Books, written specifically for today's busy manager, feature eye-catching icons, checklists, and sidebars to guide managers step-by-step through everyday workplace situations. Look for these innovative design features to help you navigate through each page:
- Key Terms: Clear definitions of concepts and jargon
- Smart Managing: Tactics and strategies for managing social media in the workplace
- Tricks of the Trade: Insider tips for getting the most out of social media
- Mistake Proofing: Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Caution: Warning signs to keep an eye out for
- For Example: Stories and insights from the front lines of social media management
- Tools: Specific procedures, tactics, and hands-on techniques
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Series:||Briefcase Books Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Scott Klososky is the founder and CEO of Webcasts.com, a premier Internet full-service broadcast production company that helps clients in the corporate, sports and entertainment industries webcast the most interactive, cost-effective, highest-quality productions. The company’s clients included IBM, Compaq, AOL, Hewlett-Packard, Enron International, Conoco Inc., and BMG Music, among others. He serves as an Advisory Board Member for Critical Technologies, where he rebuilt a fledgling Web-based imaging product and reinvigorated the employee base and product line while adding referenceable customers. He currently speaks professionally on subjects such as technology, future trends and new generation leadership skills, in addition to engaging clients on a broad array of advisory tasks including Social Technology strategic planning, general IT strategy, and High Beam Leadership.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
As a manager, are you expert in the use of Google Reader, Radian6, Hootsuite, Yotify, Netvibes and Scribd? How about cloud computing? Microblogging? Crowdsourcing? Managing virtual teams? Welcome to the brave new online world. Managing employees today requires understanding the virtualization of the workplace, Web 2.0 and social technology tools. Thousands of applications exist, and new ones show up daily. How can you stay on top of this high-tech deluge? Social technology expert Scott Klososky details the answer and takes the mystery out of social technologies. getAbstract finds that his book is a valuable resource for any manager who wants to stay current with social technology.