Managing Bipolar Disorder: A Cognitive Behavior Treatment Program Workbookby Michael Otto, Noreen Reilly-Harrington, Robert O. Knauz, Aude Henin, Jane N. Kogan
Pub. Date: 12/23/2008
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
If you suffer from bipolar disorder, this program can be closely integrated with the medication you are taking to help you manage your symptoms and stabilize your mood. Comprised of up to 30 sessions, this treatment is divided into four phases, each with its own focus and set of goals. In phase 1, you will learn the skills and strategies necessary for overcoming
If you suffer from bipolar disorder, this program can be closely integrated with the medication you are taking to help you manage your symptoms and stabilize your mood. Comprised of up to 30 sessions, this treatment is divided into four phases, each with its own focus and set of goals. In phase 1, you will learn the skills and strategies necessary for overcoming the depressive phase of your illness. In phase 2, after your mood has been stabilized, you will work together with your therapist to create a treatment contract that informs your friends and family of what to do when you are ill. In phase 3, your therapist will individualize your treatment and focus on specific problems, such as social skills, problem solving, anger management, etc. Phase 4 gives advice on the best ways to avoid relapses , and shows you how to anticipate future problems. The overall goal of the treatment is not to cure your disorder, but to teach you how to manage it effectively so that you can lead a successful and stable life.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews