Managing Stress: Principles and Strategies for Health and Well-Being / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Jones & Bartlett Learning
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
Now in its ninth edition, Managing Stress: Principles and Strategies for Health and Well-Being provides a comprehensive approach to stress management honoring the integration, balance, and harmony of mind, body, spirit, and emotions. The holistic approach taken by internationally acclaimed lecturer and author Brian Luke Seaward gently guides the reader to greater levels of mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being by emphasizing the importance of mind-body-spirit unity. Referred to as the "authority on stress management" by students and professionals, this book gives students the tools needed to identify and manage stress while teaching them how to strive for health and balance.
With Navigate 2, technology and content combine to expand the reach of your classroom. Whether you teach an online, hybrid, or traditional classroom-based course, Navigate 2 delivers unbeatable value. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
• NEW! Includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access complete with interactive eBook, interactive lectures, workbook, audio engagement with the author, meditation audio and video, assessments, learning analytics reporting tools, and more.
• NEW! The best-selling The Art of Peace and Relaxation Workbook, Ninth Edition is now included within Navigate 2 and includes writable PDFs.
• NEW! Includes new information on the human microbiome and stress; Lyme disease and stress; DNA, telomeres, stress and aging; and stress and inflammation.
• NEW! Includes new information on social stresses in America, stress and insomnia, techno stress, and a closer look at panic attacks.
Table of Contents
Part 1 The Nature of Stress Chapter 1 The Nature of Stress Chapter 2 The Sociology of Stress Chapter 3 Physiology of Stress Chapter 4 Stress and Disease Part 2 The Mind and Soul Chapter 5 Toward a Psychology of Stress Chapter 6 The Stress Emotions: Anger, Fear, and Joy Chapter 7 Stress-Prone and Stress-Resistant Personality Traits Chapter 8 Stress and Human Spirituality Part 3 Coping Strategies Chapter 9 Cognitive Restructuring: Reframing Chapter 10 Healthy Boundaries: Behavior Modification Chapter 11 Journal Writing Chapter 12 Expressive Art Therapy Chapter 13 Humor Therapy (Comic Relief) Chapter 14 Creative Problem Solving Chapter 15 Communication Skills in the Information Age Chapter 16 Resource Management: Managing Time and Money Chapter 17 Additional Coping Techniques Part 4 Relaxation Techniques Chapter 18 Diaphragmatic Breathing Chapter 19 Meditation and Mindfulness Chapter 20 Hatha Yoga Chapter 21 Mental Imagery and Visualization Chapter 22 Music Therapy Chapter 23 Massage Therapy Chapter 24 T'ai Chi Ch'uan Chapter 25 Progressive Muscular Relaxation Chapter 26 Autogenic Training and Clinical Biofeedback Chapter 27 Physical Exercise, Nutrition, and Stress Chapter 28 Ecotherapy: The Healing Power of Nature