This textbook is a comprehensive introduction to the knowledge and skills that pharmacy technicians need for successful practice in all settings. In addition to helping technicians prepare for the pharmacy technician certification exam, the text serves as a general reference for technicians in a variety of settings. The new, fully updated 4th edition includes:
• Full color presentation with 4-color color photos and diagrams highlights drugs & packaging, anatomy, & routes/administration of drugs.
• Fully recognized Table of Contents streamlines learning.
• Brand new chapters in every section cover specialty pharmacy practice areas, communication & professionalism, durable medical equipment & supplies, and billing and reimbursement.
• Chapter outlines, learning objectives, and key terms ensure the student begins each chapter with a roadmap for learning.
• Key points are highlighted in text for easy identification of important concepts.
• Rx for Success feature provides tips, pearls, and additional insights to help new technicians succeed on the job.
• Technology Topics icons throughout the text emphasize the importance of new technology in technician practice.
• Safety First feature provides critical information on ensuring patient safety and preventing medication errors.
• Each chapter ends with a resource list of books, journals, and websites.
• Phonetic pronunciations for all drug names included to aid students in stating names correctly.
• Fully updated self-assessment questions encourage critical thinking and assessment.
• Fully revised and streamlined content focuses on the knowledge and skills technicians need to succeed, with an emphasis on providing accessible, practical information.
|Publisher:||American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introduction to Pharmacy Practice
1. Introduction to Pharmacy
2. Pharmacy Law
3. Community and Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Practice
4. Hospital Pharmacy Practice
5. Home Care Pharmacy Practice
6. Specialty Pharmacy Practice (New)
7. Drug Information Resources
Part 2: Foundation Knowledge and Skills
8. Communication and Teamwork (New)
9. The Human Body: Structure and Function
10. Drug Classifications and Pharmacologic Actions
11. Basic Biopharmaceutics, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics
12. Medication Dosage Forms and Routes of Administration
Part 3: Practice Basics
13. Processing Medication Orders and Prescriptions
14. Pharmacy Calculations
15. Nonsterile Compounding and Repackaging
16. Aseptic Technique, Sterile Compounding, and IV Admixture Programs
17. Medication Errors
Part 4: Business Applications
18. Durable and Nondurable Medical Equipment, Devices, and Supplies (New)
19. Purchasing and Inventory
20. Billing and Reimbursement (New)
- A - Medical Terminology and Abbreviations
- B - Confused Drug Names
- C - Glossary
Most Helpful Customer Reviews