- Get it by Wednesday, August 23 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Get Ready to Run!
A complete guide to training for a half or full marathon in sixteen weeks, this book follows the format of Tom's previous book The 12-Week Triathlete with simply the best advice on how to run your fastest race while staying injury-free. Whether you are a first-time marathoner, trying to set a new "PR" or looking to qualify for Boston, this book is for you.
"TRAIN LESS AND RUN YOUR BEST"
Some worry that running a marathon will involve hours upon hours of training each week. Others fear that they will become injured. Some veteran marathoners have followed other training plans and experienced both, but Tom's approach is much different. His philosophy of "train less, run your best" will amaze you whether you are running your first marathon or fiftieth. Exercise physiologist and sports performance coach Tom Holland -- an elite endurance athlete himself and sub-3 hour marathoner who has run in more than fifty marathons, three ultramarathons, and a dozen Ironman triathlons around the world will teach you how to properly gear up and train in the sixteen weeks prior to your half or full marathon. So when that starting gun sounds, you'll be equipped with invaluable tips and techniques that will put you in position to run the best race of your life.
The Marathon Method provides you with everything you need to know including:
- Easy-to-understand advice on nutrition, hydration, and gear
- Customized training plans for beginner, intermediate, and advanced runners
- Advice on the mental side of running and how to make your mind go that extra mile
- Strategies to avoid hitting the infamous 'wall'
- Tips on pacing, injury prevention, strength training, flexibility, and much more!
|Publisher:||Quarto Publishing Group USA, Inc.|
|Series:||12 Week Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.62(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author