Marathon runners, prospective runners, and followers of marathon races will value this photo-illustrated guide to 50 of the world's best marathons. Each marathon is given its own detailed description, which includes
• A rating for comparative difficulty
• An expert analysis of the course
• The time year when it takes place
• Specifics on when and how to enter
• Course-specific training tips
Just a small sampling of the marathons described include
• In the U.S. and Canada: Boston, New York, Washington, Toronto, Niagara Falls
• In Australia and New Zealand: Auckland, Sydney, the Australian Outback
• In Asia: Tokyo, Beijing, the Great Wall of China
• In Europe: Rome, Hamburg, Frankfurt, London, Amsterdam, Madrid, Athens, Venice
. . .as well as races in the Caribbean islands, Africa, South America, and even the Antarctic. Approximately 160 vivid photos show many of the events in their colorful settings.
|Publisher:||Barron's Educational Series, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||7.80(w) x 9.70(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Hugh Jones is a sports journalist, editor of Distance Running magazine, and the winner of marathons in London, Oslo, Stockholm, and Reykjavik.
Alexander James is one of Britain's leading health, travel, and lifestyle journalists. His articles appear in Men's Health, The Times (London), The Guardian, Esquire, and Cosmopolitan.