The Fifth Edition of Marketing Channels shows readers how to design, develop and maintain effective relationships among channel members to achieve sustainable competitive advantage by using both strategic and managerial frames of reference. It emphasizes strategies for planning, organizing and controlling the alliances among the institutions, agencies and in-house units that bring products and services to market. The text focuses on the way in which marketing channels can provide customer serviceboth for the end-users they serve and the organizations that comprise them.
Table of ContentsI. AN OVERVIEW.
1. Marketing Channels: Structure, Functions and Relationships.
II. CHANNEL STRUCTURE.
2. Retailing: Critical Elements and Strategic Issues.
3. Channel Intermediaries: Wholesaling.
4. Logistics of Distribution: Structure and Strategy.
III. CHANNEL DESIGN AND PLANNING.
5. Channel Planning: Designing Channel Systems.
6. Organizational Patterns in Marketing Channels.
IV. CHANNEL MANAGEMENT.
7. Managing Marketing Channels.
8. Marketing Channel Policies and Potential Legal Constraints.
9. Information Systems and Channel Management.
10. Assessing Marketing Channel Performance.
V. INTERNATIONAL DIMENSIONS.
11. International Marketing Channels.