I. MARKETING AND THE FIRM.
1. Introduction to Marketing Management.
2. The Environmental Imperative.
3. The Externally Oriented Firm.
II. FUNDAMENTALS FOR STRATEGIC MARKETING.
5. Competitors and Complementers.
III. THE TASKS OF MARKETING.
Task 1: Determine and Recommend Which Markets to Address. 6. Identifying Opportunities for Creating Shareholder Value.
Task 2: Identify and Target Market Segments. 7. Market Segmentation and Targeting.
Task 3: Set Strategic Direction. 8. Market Strategy: The Integrator.
9. Competitive Market Strategies in Introduction and Growth.
10. Competitive Market Strategies in Maturity and Decline.
11. Managing Brands.
Task 4: Design the Marketing Offer. 12. Managing the Product Line.
13. Developing New Products.
14. Integrated Marketing Communications.
15. Directing and Managing the Field Sales Effort.
16. Distribution Decisions.
17. Managing Services and Customer Service.
18. Managing Price and Value.
Task 5: Secure Support from Other Functions. 19. Ensuring the Marketing Offer Is Implemented as Planned.
Task 6: Monitor and Control. 20. Monitor and Control Execution and Performance.
IV. FUTURE DIRECTIONS.
21. Marketing and the Internet.
Publications Cited in the Text.