Help students develop the skills they need to succeed on the MCAS English Language Arts test!
This writing workbook will help students develop their reading comprehension skills and their writing skills. These skills are essential for performing well on the MCAS English Language Arts test.
This workbook includes three sections that provide full coverage of the key reading comprehension and writing skills that students need.
Reading and Writing Mini-tests
- Mini-tests provide practice answering short answer and essay questions
- Develops the skills needed for the reading section of the state test
- Covers a wide range of passage types and question styles
- Hints are included with questions to help and guide students
Responding to Literature
- Guided writing tasks teach students how to answer essay questions based on passages
- Includes questions just like those found on the MCAS English Language Arts test
- Includes a planning process for students to follow
- Hints are included to guide students and help develop writing skills
- Guided writing tasks help ensure that student writing will score well on state tests
Guided Writing Tasks
- Guided writing tasks teach students how to approach writing tasks
- Includes writing prompts for narrative, descriptive, and persuasive writing
- Gives students practice writing short stories, letters, essays, and more
- Prepares students for the composition section of the state test