Peterson’s Master the Police Officer Exam (19th edition) is a valuable resource for anyone who wants to pursue a career in law enforcement. This is a user-friendly guide that includes information on eligibility requirements, description of the duties of a police officer, and practice tests with answers that are clearly explained so you are prepared to score high on the test!
Inside this guide, you'll find advice on everything you need to know to start your career in law enforcement.
- Research the most up-to-date information on police officer eligibility requirements, the screening process, and other details of the application process.
- Review the many duties of police officers, including public police officers (Transit Authority, Port Authority) and detectives (arson, homicide, juvenile division).
- Learn the structure of a typical police department and the ranks of officers.
- Get expert advice on what to expect in police officer training.
- Review sample oral board questions and responses.
- Study detailed information on all major published exams.
A major advantage of Peterson’s Master the Police Officer Exam (19th edition) is that you will have 5 full-length practice tests to become familiar with the test format, timing, types of questions, and answers that are completely explained so you are prepared to ace the test!
Another advantage is the NYPD’s own Test Prep Kit included in this guide to maximize your confidence and knowledge.
Check the page margins for ‘bonus information’ and ‘test-taking tips.’
A sample tip: “Applicants with military experience or a college degree in police science or criminal justice are likely to be considered good candidates for a job as a police officer.’
Know what to expect on the test and how to prepare for your new career!