* Demonstrates everything intermediate users need to know about the latest release of Adobe Photoshop Elements, the world's most popular consumer photo-editing product
• More than 190 illustrated step-by-step tasks cover topics such as how to import photos from digital cameras and scanners; retouch, repair, and enhance digital images and blend multiple images
• Packed with step-by-step instructions so visual learners also gain knowledge of how to optimize images for posting on the Web, create a Web photo gallery, incorporate graphics into flyers, brochures, and presentations, and more
• More consumers and small business operators are shooting and processing their own digital photos, and this book will help them save time and gain expertise
About the Author
Laurie Ulrich-Fuller is a graphic artist, computer trainer, and the author and co-author of more than 25 books on computers, software, and the web. She is an artist through heredity and education, a teacher by nature, and a writer since she was old enough to pick up a crayon. Laurie Ulrich-Fuller has written hundreds of computer training manuals for universities and corporate training centers, and in the past 15 years, Laurie has personally trained thousands of people to make more creative and effective use of their computers. In the early 1990’s, after spending way too many years working for other people, Laurie started her own firm, Limehat & Company, Inc., putting her experience, ideas, and contacts to good use. Her firm provides consulting, training, web design, and web hosting, focusing on the special needs of growing companies and non-profit organizations.
Table of Contents
PART I: Elements 3 Foundations.
1. Elements Basics and Beyond.
2. Starting, Saving, Sharing, and Printing.
3. Making Selections within an Image.
4. Moving and Navigating Image Content.
PART II: Customizing Elements Images.
5. Resizing and Rotating Images.
6. Understanding, Creating, and Using Layers.
7. Applying Layer Styles.
PART III: Creating Original Artwork with Elements 3.
8. Painting and Drawing Original Artwork.
9. Creating and Manipulating Shapes.
PART IV: Enhancing Elements Images.
10. Repairing, Restoring, and Retouching.
11. Using Color and Patterns to Fill Shapes and Layers.
PART V: Informing & Entertaining with Elements 3 Images.
12. Working with Text.
13. Creating Graphics for the Web.
PART VI: Elements Extras.
14. Organizing and Displaying Images.
PART VI: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Keyboard Shortcuts.
Appendix B: Glossary.
Appendix C: The Elements Online Community.