Temporarily Out of Stock Online
Master Windows® 95 Visually "If you have to see it to believe it, this is the book for you!" PC World Read Less, Learn More The Revolutionary Way to Learn!
- Visual Learning With text and visuals tightly integrated to provide a complete overview of Windows 95's functionality, Master Windows 95 Visually's cutting-edge style makes it quicker and easier than ever before to become a Windows 95 expert.
- Practical Know-How This hands-on guide shows you how to make real-world use of Windows 95 with step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish specific tasks to solve specific problems.
- Complete Mastery Master every feature of Windows 95 customize the desktop; share printers, modems, and other devices; link dynamic information; set up networking; integrate multimedia; and get more power through the Registry.
- Cybermedia First Aid 97 and Oil Change (upgradable demos)
- WinZip, Paint Shop Pro, Acrobat Reader 3.0, Partition Magic, and a Quarterdeck CleanSweep 30-day demo
- Earthlink Total Access with Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Viewers for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Web links for instant access to the hottest Web pages
About the Author
Richard Maran is the company founder and its inspirational leader. He developed maranGraphics' proprietary communication technology called "visual grammar." This book is built on that technology empowering readers with the easiest and quickest way to learn about computers. Ruth Maran is the Author and Architect a role Richard established that now bears Ruth's distinctive touch. She creates the words and visual structure that are the basis for the books. Judy Maran is the Project Coordinator. She works with Ruth, Richard and the highly talented maranGraphics illustrators, designers and editors to transform Ruth's material into its final form. Rob Maran is the Technical and Production Specialist. He makes sure the state-of-the-art technology used to create these books always performs as it should. Sherry Maran manages the Reception, Order Desk and any number of areas that require immediate attention and a helping hand. Jill Maran is a jack-of-all-trades and dynamo who fills in anywhere she's needed anytime she's back from university. Maxine Maran is the Business Manager and family sage. She maintains order in the business and family and keeps everything running smoothly.
Table of Contents
I: Getting Started.
1. Windows Basics.
2. Viewing Files.
3. Work With Files.
5. Exchanging Data.
6. MS-DOS Programs.
II: Windows 95 Accessories.
7. Using WordPad.
8. Using Paint.
9. More Accessories.
III: Customize Windows 95.
10. Customize Your Computer.
11. Customize the Start Menu.
IV: Work With Disks.
13. Disk Management.
14. Compress a Disk.
15. Back Up Information.
V: Connect to Other Computers.
17. Dial-Up Networking.
18. Hyper Terminal.
19. Portable Computers.
VI: Send E-Mail and Faxes.
20. Send E-Mail Messages.
21. Send Faxes.
22. Introduction to Networks.
23. Share Information on a Network.
24. Set Up and Monitor a Network.
VIII: Windows 95 and the Internet.
25. Get Connected to the Internet.
26. Browsing the Web.
27. Reading Newsgroup Messages.
28. Using Microsoft NetMeeting.
IX: Installing and Troubleshooting.
29. Install Hardware and Software.
30. Enhancing Windows 95.