The Classic AutoCAD AuthorityUpdated and Filled with Bonus Coverage
An updated and specially expanded edition of Omura's classic, Mastering AutoCAD 2002, Premium Edition is designed to benefit beginners and experts alike. Clear, step-by-step instruction guides you through basic and intermediate tasks. Advanced coverageincluding four bonus chaptershelps you master potentially daunting AutoCAD topics such as database connectivity, AutoLISP and VBA programming, and support for splines, polylines, and other aspects of 3D modeling. You're sure to keep this indispensable resource close at hand, where it can help you meet every AutoCAD challenge that comes along.
• Find your way around the AutoCAD interface
• Create and develop an AutoCAD drawing
• Manage your drawing projects
• Control your drawings' printed output
• Improve your efficiency and precision
• Align points with existing elements
• Preview your drawings using WYSIWYG plotting
• Discover hidden or hard-to-find features
• Work with multiple documents
• Master the 3D modeling and rendering process
• Customize AutoCAD
• Collaborate with others on large AutoCAD projects
• Take advantage of AutoCAD's Internet features
• Link drawings to databases and spreadsheets
• Combine tools to accomplish complex tasks
• Program using AutoLISP
• Automate and customize AutoCAD using VBA
• Work effectively with solid modeling features
• Meet tough surface modeling challenges
About the Author
George Omura is an architect and illustrator who has been using AutoCAD for fifteen years. As a CAD specialist, he has worked on design projects ranging from resort hotels to metropolitan transit systems to the prestigious San Francisco Library project. A graduate of the University of California at Berkeley, he is the all-time best-selling AutoCAD author. George's other AutoCAD books, all from Sybex, include Mastering AutoCAD 2000, Mastering 3D Studio VIZ, AutoCAD 2000 Instant Reference, and Mastering AutoCAD for Mechanical Engineers.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Basics.
Chapter 1: This Is AutoCAD.
Chapter 2: Creating Your First Drawing.
Chapter 3: Learning the Tools of the Trade.
Chapter 4: Organizing Your Work.
Part II: Building on the Basics.
Chapter 5: Editing for Productivity.
Chapter 6: Enhancing Your Drawing Skills.
Chapter 7: Printing and Plotting.
Chapter 8: Adding Text to Drawings.
Chapter 9: Using Dimensions.
Part III: Becoming an Expert.
Chapter 10: AttributesГtoring Data with Graphics.
Chapter 11: Copying Pre-existing Drawings into AutoCAD.
Chapter 12 Power Editing.
Chapter 13: Drawing Curves and Solid Fills.
Chapter 14: Getting and Exchanging Data from Drawings.
Part IV: Modeling and Imaging in 3D.
Chapter 15: Introducing 3D.
Chapter 16: Using Advanced 3D Features.
Chapter 17: Rendering and Animating 3D Drawings.
Chapter 18: Mastering 3D Solids.
Chapter 19: Architectural Solid Modeling.
Chapter 20: Advanced Surface Modeling.
Part V: Customization and Integration.
Chapter 21: Introduction to Customization.
Chapter 22: Exploring VBA.
Chapter 23: Exploring AutoLISP.
Chapter 24: Sharing Drawings over the Internet.
Chapter 25: Managing and Sharing Your Drawings.
Appendix A: Hardware and Software Tips.
Appendix B: Installing and Setting Up AutoCAD.
Appendix C: What on the Companion CD-ROM?.
Appendix D: System and Dimension Variables.