Move beyond the color wheel and pick your colors with passion!
More than any other single tool at your artistic disposal, color has the potential to command the eye, quicken the pulse and elicit a response from your viewer. There are many books on the subject, but only Mastering Color takes you beyond the color wheel, teaching you to paint with passion, follow your intuition and color "outside the lines." You'll learn about mother colors, transition colors, the corner theory and additional color concepts that other books don't touch on.
With this book, you will:
- Create a personal color palette as unique as your fingerprint
- Discover color combinations for capturing a full range of atmospheres, from light and airy to moody and pensive
- Turn a limited palette into unlimited possibilities
- Use temperature and value to make color sing
- Get tons of practical tips for making the most of specific colors, from working with white to mixing a range of natural greens and luminous blacks
- Troubleshoot your paintings for common color shortcomings
By combining your intuitive color knowledge with classic color truths, you'll build powerful compositions that express your unique vision and embrace your viewers. Open your eyes to a world of color!