You Know the Value of Effective CollaborationMake It a Reality with Notes and Domino
The latest release of Notes and Domino makes collaboration and information management easier than ever. Whether you're a user or a developer, Mastering Lotus Notes and Domino 6 ensures that you get everything you can out of this integrated collection of powerful, flexible business tools. Thanks to practical, step-by-step instruction from a team of top Notes/Domino experts, you'll master these fundamentals. Coverage includes:
• Organizing and optimizing your email and calendar interactions
• Delegating tasks to others using the To Do list, meeting delegation, and calendar authorization
• Using Notes' powerful, built-in search facility as well as searching Internet directories using LDAP
• Keeping information current with replication
• Protecting your information assets with Notes/Domino security
• Browsing the Web from inside the Lotus Notes client and accessing Domino databases with a web browser
• Managing your email and calendar with iNotes
• Building Domino applications using forms, views, and pages
• Using framesets, outlines, and navigators in an application
• Designing applications for use by a Notes client and a web browser
• Creating shared resources for re-usability in a database
• Using mail rules to filter incoming messages and control spam
• Creating connection and location documents to communicate with a Domino server
• Customizing replication by controlling what replicates and when
• Encrypting sensitive information
• Integrating Notes with Microsoft Excel and connecting to external databases using ODBC
• Coding actions for use in forms and views
• Programming workflow using Formula Language and learn about advanced programming techniques
• Exploring the LotusScript language and the Domino event model
|Product dimensions:||9.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introducing Lotus Notes 6.
Chapter 1: What Is Lotus Notes?.
Chapter 2: Getting Familiar with Notes.
Chapter 3: Working with Databases.
Chapter 4: Tailoring Lotus Notes 6.
Part 2: Mastering the Basics with the Notes Client.
Chapter 5: Communicating with Notes Mail.
Chapter 6: Calendaring and Scheduling.
Chapter 7: Collaborating with Notes.
Chapter 8: Searching for Information.
Chapter 9: Communicating with Domino Servers.
Chapter 10: Replication.
Chapter 11: Lotus Notes and Domino Security.
Chapter 12: Integrating Notes with Other Applications.
Part 3: Lotus Notes Domino and the Internet.
Chapter 13: Accessing the Internet with a Notes Client.
Chapter 14: Managing Notes E-Mail with a Browser.
Chapter 15: Domino Off-Line Services and iNotes.
Part 4: Developing Lotus Notes Applications with Domino Designer.
Chapter 16: Introducing Domino Designer.
Chapter 17: Database Creation and Properties.
Chapter 18: Understanding the Formula Language.
Chapter 19: Basic Form Design.
Chapter 20: Advanced Form Design.
Chapter 21: Using Views and Folders.
Chapter 22: Outlines, Pages, Framesets, and Navigators.
Chapter 23: Shared Resources and Other Features.
Chapter 24: Language Extensions and the Object Model.
Chapter 25: Shared Code Objects.
Appendix A: Installing IBM Lotus Notes and Domino 6 Clients.