Discover your complete guide to designing, deploying, and managing OpenStack-based clouds in mid-to-large IT infrastructures with best practices, expert understanding, and moreAbout This Book
- Design and deploy an OpenStack-based cloud in your mid-to-large IT infrastructure using automation tools and best practices
- Keep yourself up-to-date with valuable insights into OpenStack components and new services in the latest OpenStack release
- Discover how the new features in the latest OpenStack release can help your enterprise and infrastructure
This book is for system administrators, cloud engineers, and system architects who would like to deploy an OpenStack-based cloud in a mid-to-large IT infrastructure. This book requires a moderate level of system administration and familiarity with cloud concepts.What You Will Learn
- Explore the main architecture design of OpenStack components and core-by-core services, and how they work together
- Design different high availability scenarios and plan for a no-single-point-of-failure environment
- Set up a multinode environment in production using orchestration tools
- Boost OpenStack's performance with advanced configuration
- Delve into various hypervisors and container technology supported by OpenStack
- Get familiar with deployment methods and discover use cases in a real production environment
- Adopt the DevOps style of automation while deploying and operating in an OpenStack environment
- Monitor the cloud infrastructure and make decisions on maintenance and performance improvement
In this second edition, you will get to grips with the latest features of OpenStack. Starting with an overview of the OpenStack architecture, you'll see how to adopt the DevOps style of automation while deploying and operating in an OpenStack environment. We'll show you how to create your own OpenStack private cloud. Then you'll learn about various hypervisors and container technology supported by OpenStack. You'll get an understanding about the segregation of compute nodes based on reliability and availability needs. We'll cover various storage types in OpenStack and advanced networking aspects such as SDN and NFV.
Next, you'll understand the OpenStack infrastructure from a cloud user point of view. Moving on, you'll develop troubleshooting skills, and get a comprehensive understanding of services such as high availability and failover in OpenStack. Finally, you will gain experience of running a centralized logging server and monitoring OpenStack services.
The book will show you how to carry out performance tuning based on OpenStack service logs. You will be able to master OpenStack benchmarking and performance tuning. By the end of the book, you'll be ready to take steps to deploy and manage an OpenStack cloud with the latest open source technologies.Style and approach
This book will help you understand the flexibility of OpenStack by showcasing integration of several out-of-the-box solutions in order to build a large-scale cloud environment.. It will also cover detailed discussions on the various design and deployment strategies for implementing a fault-tolerant and highly available cloud infrastructure.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.95(d)|
About the Author
Omar Khedher is a systems and network engineer who has worked for a few years in cloud computing environment and has been involved in several private cloud projects based on OpenStack. He has also worked on projects targeting public cloud AWS.
Leveraging his skills as a system administrator in virtualization, storage, and networking, Omar works as a cloud system engineer for a leading advertising technology company, Fyber, based in Berlin. He is part of a highly skilled team working on several projects which include building and migrating infrastructure to the cloud using latest open source tools and DevOps philosophy.
He is also the author of the first edition of Mastering OpenStack and OpenStack Sahara Essentials, Packt Publishing. He has also authored a few academic publications based on a new research for cloud performance improvement.
Chandan Dutta Chowdhury is a tech lead at Juniper Networks Pvt. Ltd, working on OpenStack Neutron plugins. He has over 11 years of experience in the deployment of Linux-based solutions. In the past, he has been involved in developing Linux-based clustering and deployment solutions. He has contributed to setting up and maintaining a private cloud solution in Juniper Networks.
He was a speaker at the OpenStack Tokyo summit, where he presented the idea of adding firewall logs and other Neutron enhancements. He is speaker at the Austin summit where he talks about making enhancements to the Nova scheduler. He loves to explore technology.