Take your PhoneGap experience to the next level and create engaging real-world applications
About This Book
- Create a useful PhoneGap workflow for larger projects in order to simplify and manage the development process
- Use third-party plugins, IndexedDB, and SQLite for PhoneGap to develop large-scale, data-driven, and highly accessible applications
- A pragmatic guide to construct top-notch large-scale applications using PhoneGap
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Construct build workflows that simplify complex application development
- Create accessible hybrid applications
- Persist and query data using third-party database plugins
- Create your own PhoneGap plugins for your unique use cases
- Create icons and splash screens suitable for submission to app stores
- Publish your app to the Google Play and Apple iTunes stores
PhoneGap is a useful and flexible tool that enables you to create complex hybrid applications for mobile platforms. In addition to the core technology, there is a large and vibrant community that creates third-party plugins that can take your app to the next level.
This book will guide you through the process of creating a complex data-driven hybrid mobile application using PhoneGap, web technologies, and third-party plugins.
Style and approach
This book is a step-by-step guide, in which the concepts covered are explained with the help of hands-on examples
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.81(d)|
About the Author
Kerri Shotts has worked with computers for nearly 25 years. Her love for technology and programming started when she was introduced to her first computer: a Commodore 64. She obtained a degree in computer science while at college, and moved on to become a software test engineer. Afterward, she became an Oracle Database Administrator for several years. Now, she works as a technology consultant, creating, implementing, and maintaining custom applications (both desktop and mobile), websites, graphics and logos, and more for her clients. You can find her blog posts on her website (http://www.photokandy.com/) and she is active on the Google Groups for PhoneGap. When she isn't working, she enjoys photography, music, and fish keeping. She is the author of several books published by Packt Publishing.