Mastering The Piano is a step-by-step practical method for learning piano, from posture and music reading to advanced interpretation and technique. More than that, it helps you use the piano as a basis for creative music-making, whether you are interested in performing, improvising, composing, or writing songs.
• Offers instruction and support to players at all levels.
• Based around exercises and pieces from across the range of modern piano,
including classical, jazz, blues, Latin, rock, minimalism, and the avant-garde.
• Each piece is accompanied by detailed notes on technique and interpretation.
• Includes an in-depth explanation of jazz and classical harmony.
• Book opens flat to make it easy to use at the piano.
• Comes with a 58-track CD of the exercises and pieces.
Mastering The Piano is the most complete, extensive, and up to date single-volume piano course available today. It will challenge and inspire you, whether you are an advanced player or at the start of your musical journey. Carl Humphries is a performer, teacher, and composer who has studied piano and composition in Britain, Germany, and Italy. He has lectured and held workshops in the U.S. and Europe as well as performing at a number of major classical and jazz venues. Author of the successful Piano Handbook, he has written extensively on musical education, contemporary music, and the philosophy of music.
|Product dimensions:||9.20(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.10(d)|