The Only Windows Server Resource You Need
The single most comprehensive and understandable book on the subject, Mastering Windows Server 2003 continues author Mark Minasi's award-winning tradition of clear and comprehensive coverage of Microsoft's Windows Server products. This book shows you how to plan, configure and install your network, keep it running its best, and fix it if it breaks. And you still get all the coverage you need for the Windows 2000 Server installations that remain part of your environment.
• Configuring IP, DHCP, DNS, and WINS to achieve the right foundation for your network
• DNS explained in everyday English, from basics to advanced design
• Designing, running, and maintaining Active Directory-based domains with Server 2003 and 2000 Server
• Running your own Web, FTP, and e-mail server with 2003
• Controlling hundreds, even thousands, of workstations with group policies and security templates
• Tuning and monitoring your network
• Securing your network from split-brain DNS to AD delegation to group policies, logs, IPSec, PKI and more
• Using Windows Server 2003 to share Internet connections
• Complete coverage of all new 2003 features
Real Solutions to Real Challenges
If improving the real-world performance of your network is the bottom line, this book delivers the goods. It shows you how to design and manage a multiple-platform network, build a Windows-based intranet, find the right data backup strategy, prevent and recover from disasters, and much more. There's no end to what you'll accomplish with practical, step-by-step instruction from the expert who has actually done it all on live networks!
|Edition description:||Book and CD-ROM|
|Product dimensions:||7.54(w) x 9.18(h) x 2.81(d)|
About the Author
Mark Minasi has 25 years of experience in the computer business. He has been teaching professional seminars on networking since 1985, and has experience with IBM, Novell, and Microsoft-based networks. Mark has been a columnist for BYTE, AI Expert, Compute, and NT Magazine and is CNN's resident computer expert.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Friends, if you really want to become webhosting or network buy this book ! I am telling you this fromm deep of my heart.... Trust Me !!!
I have Minasi's Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 Mastering books. I would recommend them to most but I would also recommend Windows Server 2003 Inside Out. Having both books is a Godsend. Windows Server 2003 Inside Out has become my goto book for the indepth stuff especially monitoring, maintenance, Active Directory, networking, printing. Inside Out has the best coverage of DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP. Mastering is still my goto book when I have to deal with Mac to Windows support or Unix to Windows issues or NetWare to Windows. Mastering is good for issues with older OSs like connectivity to Windows for Workgroup clients.
this is simply the best book that you can buy, it has examples and reasons for every step explained. they should have named this book 'steal this book'