Base Your Next Website on XHTML
Newly expanded with 10 chapters of bonus coverage, Mastering XHTML Premium Edition is a complete guide to the mark-up language that is leading the world of web development. This book ensures you won't be left behind, teaching you step by step how to convert existing HTML sites to XHTML and how to build sites from scratch using new specs. It's a great way to hone your current skills and acquire new ones.
• The basics of XHTML
• XHTML structure and form
• Accommodating different browsers
• Linking XHTML documents
• Placing images
• Controlling layout with tables and frames
• Converting HTML to XHTML
• Saving time and effort with Cascading Style Sheets
• Using data-collection forms
• Adding multimedia effects to your web pages
• Developing a coherent website
• The XHTML document life cycle
• Publishing your XHTML documents
• Validating your XHTML
• Generating XHTML from a database
• Understanding the relationship between XHTML and XML
• Choosing a development tool
|Edition description:||Premium Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.70(w) x 9.30(h) x 2.90(d)|
About the Author
Ed Tittel is a principal at LANWrights, Inc., where he writes, consults, and teaches on a variety of networking and web-related topics. He has written or co-authored more than 100 computer books and hundreds of magazine articles.
Chelsea Valentine is a webmaster, writer, and trainer at LANWrights, Inc., developing sites and teaching others how to do the same.
Lucinda Dykes is the principal at Zero G Web Design in Santa Fe, New Mexico. She has been developing websites and writing code since 1994 and teaches web-related classes at Santa Fe Community College.
Mary Burmeister is a project manager, editor, and writer at LANWrights, Inc. This team has produced several books on markup languages, including XHMTL, HTML 4 For Dummies, Hip Pocket Guide to HTML 4.01, XML For Dummies, and XHTML For Dummies.