Table of Contents
I. CONTEMPORARY MATERNAL NEWBORN NURSING.
1. Current Issues in Maternal Newborn Nursing.
2. Care of the Family in a Culturally Diverse Society.
3. Complementary and Alternative Therapies in Maternal Newborn Care.
II. WOMEN'S HEALTH.
4. Women's Health Across the Lifespan.
5. Women's Health: Family Planning.
6. Women's Health: Commonly Occurring Infections.
7. Women's Health: Common Gynecologic Problems.
8. Women's Care: Social Issues.
9. Violence Against Women.
III. HUMAN REPRODUCTION.
10. The Reproductive System.
11. Conception and Fetal Development.
12. Special Reproductive Problems.
13. Preparation for Parenthood.
14. Physical and Psychologic Changes in Pregnancy.
15. Antepartal Nursing Assessment.
16. The Expectant Family: Needs and Care.
17. Adolescent Pregnancy. 18. Maternal Nutrition.
19. Pregnancy at Risk: Pregestational Problems.
20. Pregnancy at Risk: Gestational Onset.
21. Assessment of Fetal Well-Being.
22. Processes and Stages of Labor and Birth.
23. Intrapartal Nursing Assessment.
24. The Family in Childbirth: Needs and Care.
25. Pain Management During Birth.
26. Childbirth at Risk.
27. Birth-Related Procedures.
VI. THE NEWBORN.
28. Physiologic Responses of the Newborn to Birth.
29. Nursing Assessment of the Newborn.
30. The Normal Newborn: Needs and Care.
31. Newborn Nutrition.
32. The Newborn at Risk: Conditions Present at Birth.
33. The Newborn at Risk: Birth-Related Stressors.
34. Postpartal Adaptation and Nursing Assessment.
35. The Postpartal Family: Needs and Care.
36. Home Care of the Postpartal Family.
37. The Postpartal Family at Risk.