17.99 In Stock
In Math Art and Drawing Games for Kids, you’ll find an amazing collection of more than 40 hands-on art activities that make learning about math fun! Make Art + Learn Math Concepts = Become a Math Genius!
- Create fine art-inspired projects using math, including M. C. Escher’s tessellations, Wassily Kandinski’s abstractions, and Alexander Calder’s mobiles.
- Make pixel art using graph paper, grids, and dot grids.
- Explore projects that teach symmetry with mandala drawings, stained glass rose window art, and more.
- Use equations, counting, addition, and multiplication to create Fibonacci and golden rectangle art.
- Play with geometric shapes like spirals, hexagrams, and tetrahedrons.
- Learn about patterns and motifs used by cultures from all over the world, including Native American porcupine quill art, African Kente prints, and labyrinths from ancient Crete.
- Cook up some delicious math by making cookie tangrams, waffle fractions, and bread art.
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.40(d)|
|Age Range:||8 - 12 Years|
About the Author
Karyn Tripp is a former public school teacher turned homeschool mom of four kids. Through her online community TeachBesideMe.com, she shares with teachers and homeschool parents how to make learning enjoyable and engaging, and eases the burdens of her fellow educators by offering exciting and memorable learning activities. Karyn is also a member of STEAM Kids Books, a group of educational bloggers—engineers, teachers, math nerds, art lovers, and writers—who have thus far co-written and self-published three titles. She lives in Cedar Hills, Utah.