Requiring a basic knowledge of arithmetic, this book familiarizes users with some of mathematical skills involved in the food service industry. It also focuses on the discipline and organization needed to achieve success using mathematics in everyday life. Chapter topics include a fractional, decimal, and algebra review; fractions and percents; interest: simple, compound, credit cards.; pie and bar graphs; checking accounts; price lists/requisitions/purchase orders/invoices; guest checks, tips, guestimation; pay checks, business income statement; converting; adding weights and measures; costing: menus, markups, food cost percent; recipes: yields, costing, converting; and bakers formulas. For individuals preparing for success in the food service industry—and life.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.20(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Fractional Review.
2. Decimal Review.
3. Algebra Review.
II. NECESSARY MATH.
5. Fractions and Percents.
6. Interest: Simple, Compound, Credit Cards.
7. Pie Graphs and Bar Graphs.
III. RECORD KEEPING.
8. Checking Accounts.
9. Price Lists, Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Invoices.
10. Guest Checks, Tips, Guestimation.
11. Pay Checks and Income Statements.
IV. FOOD SERVICE MATH.
12. Converting Weights and Measures.
13. Adding Weights and Measures.
15. Recipes: Yields, Converting, Costing.
16. Bakers' Formulas.
Appendix 1. Food Weight/Volume Equivalents.
Appendix 2. Conversion Chart 1.
Appendix 3. Answers to the Odd Numbered Exercises 1.