This volume of Math Pathways & Pitfalls K-8 intervention curriculum helps students tackle stubborn pitfalls head-on, transforming them into pathways for learning key standards for grades K-1. The lessons in this book address early and whole number concepts interwoven with algebraic reasoning. In rigorous research studies, Math Pathways & Pitfalls significantly increased achievement for diverse students, including English learners, in all grades tested.
Math Pathways & Pitfalls intervention lessons and instructional strategies:
- Help students master key mathematical standards.
- Include concepts important for algebra readiness.
- Provide students with guided and independent practice.
- Support academic language development.
- Add value to any adopted curriculum.
- Prevent common pitfalls on homework and standardized assessments.
- 20 complete lessons
- Teaching manual
- DVD with footage of Math Pathways & Pitfalls in action
- CD with black line masters of student handouts, classroom assessments with answer keys, and resources
- Discussion Builders classroom poster
- Teacher professional development tasks, activities, and video footage
|Edition description:||Book, CD and DVD|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.00(d)|
|Age Range:||5 - 6 Years|
About the Author
Carne Barnett-Clarke is a senior researcher and director of Math Pathways & Pitfalls at WestEd with experience teaching in urban settings, developing materials for teachers and students, and conducting professional development.
Alma B. Ramirez is a senior research associate at WestEd with experience as a bilingual and ELD teacher, professional developer, mathematics curriculum writer, textbook author, and consultant on equity and access.
Debra Coggins is a mathematics education consultant with experience teaching, coaching teachers, writing support materials for teachers, developing and scoring state assessments, and developing and delivering professional development.