Math Your Kids WANT to Do.
You'll love these math games because they give your child a strong foundation for mathematical success.
By playing these games, you strengthen your child's intuitive understanding of numbers and build problem-solving strategies. Mastering a math game can be hard work. But kids do it willingly because it's fun.
Math You Can Play Combo features two books in one, with 42 kid-tested games that offer a variety of challenges for preschool and school-age learners. Chapters include:
- Early Counting: Practice subitizing-recognizing small numbers of items at a glance-and learn the number symbols.
- Childhood Classics: Traditional folk games invite the whole family to enjoy playing with math.
- Number Bonds: Build a mental picture of the relationships between numbers as you begin to explore addition.
- Numbers to One Hundred: Develop mental math skills for working with larger numbers. Practice using place value, addition, and subtraction.
- Mixed Operations: Give mental muscles a workout with games that require number skills and logical thinking.
- Logic and Probability: Logic games sharpen inductive and deductive thinking skills, while games of chance build an intuition for probability.
Math games prevent math anxiety. Games pump up your child's mental muscle, reduce the fear of failure, and generate a positive attitude toward mathematics.
Parents can use these games to enjoy quality time with your children. Classroom teachers like them as warm-ups and learning center activities or for a relaxing review day at the end of a term. If you are a tutor or homeschooler, make games a regular feature in your lesson plans to build your students' math skills.
So what are you waiting for? Clear off a table, grab a deck of cards, and let's play some math!
|Publisher:||Tabletop Academy Press|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.48(d)|
About the Author
As author of the popular Let's Play Math blog, Denise helps parents and teachers open their students' eyes to the variety and richness of mathematics. Her articles and books explore the adventure of learning math as a playful mental game.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This book is amazing. Denise Gaskins explains that math is more than memorizing facts but learning how to see patterns, make connections, and mentally solve problems. Her games provide the experiences necessary to thoroughly explore math in this way. I love that Gaskins includes activities for a wide range of ages. Even though my kids are twins, they are each at their own level of mathematical understanding. It helps that I can use one book and still be able to meet the needs of both my children. This is a huge plus for homeschooling where so often new text books are required each semester in order to teach new concepts.