"No matter what your age, you can continue to enjoy good health, happiness and an active lifestyle."
Advances in our understanding of health and aging now make it possible for you to make your later years some of your best years. With motivation, energy and knowledge, you can craft a future that's fulfilling, invigorating and, best of all—healthy.
Mayo Clinic on Healthy Aging is a blueprint for the rest of your life. If there are any "secrets" to remaining active, energetic and disease-free, this book is where you'll find them…
• Is loss of bone strength and muscle mass inevitable? Definitely not! We share 7 habits that make the difference in how you look, how you feel and how you age.
• 8 effective habits of men and women who sleep soundly, night after night.
• What you can do to maintain your all-important vision, even as time goes by.
• 6 ways to avoid or reverse embarrassing and uncomfortable urinary changes.
• Why we view maturity as a season of joy, recalling the wit and wisdom of Mark Twain… "Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."
• How to recognize common health risk factors that put your well-being in jeopardy. Spotting them early is smart—it means easier treatments, and can save your life.
• 9 ways to cope with major life changes gracefully and keep your stress in check. These doctor-approved tips support both your emotional and your physical health.
You have many options for staying young and healthy. But no matter which ones you choose, one thing is for sure—the sooner you start, the sooner you'll enjoy health benefits and the better off you'll be in the long run.
Download your copy today and put the knowledge of Mayo Clinic to work for your healthy future!
|File size:||8 MB|
About the Author
Edward T. Creagan, M.D., is a specialist in internal medicine, medical oncology, hospice medicine and palliative care. He speaks widely on the topics of healthy aging, stress and retirement. He has written several books and is an associate medical editor for the Mayo Clinic Health Solutions website, MayoClinic.com.
Dr. Creagan is a professor of oncology at College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, and a former president of the Mayo Clinic staff. In 1992, he received the Distinguished Mayo Clinician Award, and in 1995 the John and Roma Rouse Professor of Humanism in Medicine award.