Ace your preparation for the skills measured by MCDST Exam 70-271—and on the job—with this official Microsoft study guide, now updated for Windows XP Service Pack 2. Work at your own pace through a system of lessons, hands-on exercises, troubleshooting labs, and review questions.
The Readiness Review Suite on CD, featuring advanced technology from MeasureUp, provides 425 challenging questions for in-depth self-assessment and practice. You can choose timed or untimed testing mode, generate random tests, or focus on specific objectives. You get expert exam tips and detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
Maximize your performance on the exam by learning how to:
- Perform and troubleshoot installation or upgrade
- Configure and troubleshoot hardware—such as print, display, and I/O devices
- UPDATED—Manage access to files, folders, and add-on software
- Configure the desktop and user environment
- NEW—Set up and support Windows Firewall, security and privacy settings, and local policy
- NEW—Use Microsoft Update and Automatic Updates to keep your system current
- Resolve network connectivity issues—both local and remote
- Optimize system performance
Your kit includes:
- Fully reengineered, self-paced study guide with expert exam tips.
- Readiness Review Suite featuring 425 questions and multiple testing options.
- Case scenarios and troubleshooting labs for real-world expertise.
- 120-day evaluation version of Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2.
- Fully searchable eBook.
- Microsoft Encyclopedia of Security eBook.
- Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking, Second Edition, eBook.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
|Edition description:||2nd ed.|
|Product dimensions:||7.56(w) x 9.29(h) x 2.34(d)|
About the Author
Tony Northrup, MVP, MCSE, MCTS, and CISSP, is a consultant and author. Tony started programming before Windows 1.0 was released, and has also focused on Windows administration and development. He has written about 25 books covering Windows and Web development, networking, and security. Among other titles, Tony is author of MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-536): Microsoft? .NET Framework?Application Development Foundation, Second Edition.