Each year one million people take the ASVAB exam. Sponsored by the Department of Defense, the exam is administered year-round in high schools and at recruiting centers nationwide. ASVAB scores are used to measure aptitude for a variety of careers in the military. They are also used to determine whether or not potential military recruits qualify for enlistment and which military jobs are best for each recruit.
This book includes reviews of all subjects tested, tips and strategies for answering specific question types, sample exams modeled on the real exam, an answer key with complete explanations for every question, and inside information on ASVAB testing, scoring, and pursuing a military career. Author Janet E. Wall, a former key member of the Defense Department's ASVAB team, will guide you through every step of the military entrance process.
• 4 full-length ASVAB practice tests
• In-depth review of all test subjects, from algebra to shop tools
• Proven strategies for the ASVAB subtests that determine eligibility for enlistment and job training programs
• The latest information from the Department of Defense and the military
• Answers to common questions about military enlistment and jobs
Janet E. Wall, National Career Development Association Fellow, was the manager of the ASVAB Career Exploration Program for the Department of Defense. She also served as president of the Association for Assessment in Counseling and Education (AACE).
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Edition description:||4th ed.|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsI. All About the ASVAB
1. Deciding on Military Service
2. Introducing the ASVAB
3. ASVAB Scores and Score Reports
4. The ASVAB and Military Entrance
5. Taking the CAT-ASVAB
6. Follow These Suggestions to Ace the ASVAB
II. ASVAB Diagnostic Test Form
III. Review of All ASVAB Test Topics
IV. Three ASVAB Practice Test Forms
V. Jobs in Today's Military