For courses in Physical Geography.
Explore the changing global environment with real-world examples and mobile field trips
Continuing Tom L. McKnight's well-known thematic focus on landscape appreciation, Darrel Hess offers a broad survey of all of the physical processes and spatial patterns that create Earth’s physical landscape. McKnight’s Physical Geography: A Landscape Appreciation provides a clear writing style, superior art program, and abundant pedagogy to appeal to a wide variety of readers.
The Twelfth Edition offers a truly meaningful integration of visualization, technology, and the latest applied science, providing essential opportunities to teach and engage readers in these processes and patterns. Topics that are tied to readers’ real-world concerns such as global environmental change, along with new videos, photography, online lab resources, and updated interactive tools, make it the most effective learning program for physical geography.
Also available with MasteringGeographyTM
This title is also available with MasteringGeography–an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Interactive, self-paced tutorials provide individualized coaching to help students stay on track. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringGeography does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MasteringGeography, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringGeography, search for:
0134169859 / 9780134169859 McKnight's Physical Geography: A Landscape Appreciation Plus MasteringGeography with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134195426 / 9780134195421 McKnight's Physical Geography: A Landscape Appreciation
- 0134245156 / 9780134245157 MasteringGeography with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for McKnight's Physical Geography: A Landscape Appreciation
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.70(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Earth
- Portraying Earth
- Introduction to the Atmosphere
- Insolation and Temperature
- Atmospheric Pressure and Wind
- Atmospheric Moisture
- Atmospheric Disturbances
- Climate and Climate Change
- The Hydrosphere
- Cycles and Patterns in the Biosphere
- Terrestrial Flora and Fauna
- Introduction to Landform Study
- The Internal Processes
- Weathering and Mass Wasting
- Fluvial Processes
- Karst and Hydrothermal Processes
- The Topography of Arid Lands
- Glacial Modification of Terrain
- Coastal Processes and Terrain
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
so far so good