Ace your preparation for the skills measured by three required MCPD: Web Developer exams—and on the job. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce what you’ve learned by applying your knowledge to real-world case scenarios and labs.
Assess your skills with practice tests on CD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
Maximize your exam performance with preparation for:
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0—Application Development Foundation
- Use types, collections, generics, and regular expressions to manage data
- Develop services, application domains, and multithreaded applications
- Implement code access and role-based security, and data encryption
- Work with serialization and reflection techniques
- Instrument applications with logging and tracing
- Interact with legacy code using COM Interop and PInvoke
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Web-Based Client Development
- Create, trace, configure, and deploy Web applications
- Integrate data into your application using Microsoft ADO.NET, XML, and data-bound controls
- Implement forms authentication, impersonation, and login controls
- Configure user controls and create custom Web controls
- Use themes, user profiles, and Web parts for customizable, personalized Web sites
- Manage server-side and client-side application state
Designing and Developing Web-Based Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Evaluate Web application requirements and build a validation prototype
- Use style sheets, master pages, Web parts, and user controls for a consistent UI
- Design, develop, and implement application components
- Develop mechanisms for data access, exception handing, event logging, and application feedback
- Define, assess, and implement a testing strategy
- Validate a deployment plan and analyze performance to determine readiness
Your all-in-one kit includes:
- Official self-paced study guides for three required exams.
- Practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and a learning plan based on your results.
- 1200+ practice and review questions.
- Case scenarios and lab exercises.
- Microsoft Visual Basic and Visual C# code samples on CD.
- 15% exam discount from Microsoft; good for three exams. (Limited time offer). Voucher inside.
- 90-day evaluation version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition.
- Fully searchable eBooks for all three guides.
|Product dimensions:||7.70(w) x 9.80(h) x 5.00(d)|
About the Author
Tony Northrup, MCTS, MCSE, CISP, MVP, is a networking consultant and author who's written several Sefl-Paced Training Kits. He is the co-author of Windows Server 2008 Networking and Network Access Protection (NAP).
I am a Microsoft C# MVP and the founder of Wildermuth Consulting Services, LLC, a company that is dedicated to delivering software and training solutions in the Atlanta, Georgia area. I am also a speaker on the INEA Speaker's Bureau and have appeared at several national conferences to speak on a variety of subjects. I am the author of the book "Pragmatic ADO.NET", the upcoming "Prescriptive Data Architectures", both for Addison-Wesley as well as co-author of several certification books for Microsoft Press. I have been writing articles for a number of years for a variety of magazines and websites, including MSDN, MSDN Online, DevSource, The ServerSide .NET, ONDotNet.com and Intel's Rich Client Series. I have enjoyed building data-driven software for more than twenty years.
Glenn Johnson is a trainer and writer focusing on ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C#, and .NET internals. He is author of Programming Microsoft® ADO.NET 2.0 Applications: Advanced Topics.
Brian C. Lanham specializes in developing Windows and Web based applications using the .NET Framework.