MCSE Guide to Microsoft Windows 2000 Server / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Course Technology, Inc.
About the Author
Michael Palmer (1942-2013) was a physician and bestselling writer of medical thrillers. One of his best-known books, Extreme Measures (1991), was turned into a movie starring Hugh Grant, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Gene Hackman. He is alleged to have decided to try to write a book after reading a medical thriller by a fellow Wesleyan graduate, and thinking "If he could do it, why couldn’t I?" His books have been translated into more than 30 languages.
Table of Contents1. Networking with Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
2. Planning Network Protocols and Compatibility
3. Planning for Server Hardware Compatibility, Disk Storage, and Operating System Requirements
4. Planning the Active Directory Implementation
5. Server Installation
6. Server Configuration
7. Configuring Storage, Backup, and Performance Options
8. Managing the Server and Clients through Accounts and Groups
9. Managing Server Folders, Security, and Software Installation
10. Printer Installation and Management
11. Network Access
12. Interoperating with Novell Netware
13. Internet and Intranet Services
14. Server Monitoring and Optimization
15. Network Monitoring and Tuning
16. Troubleshooting Appendix A: MCSE Exam Objectives
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This book is superbly written, and takes you through the basic aspects of Win2K server step by step. It is written in a clear and concise manner, and includes self study questions and activities to help you become more proficient in the use of Win2K Server.
I have logged many hours at Barnes reading the available server books, and this is by far the best place to start. Palmer writes simply, effectively and best of all he progresses through the server setup with perfect strategy. Buy / read Manasi's book next, but doubt you will need it for the exam.