Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Ace your preparation for the skills measured by MCTS Exam 70-431—and on the job. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce what you’ve learned by applying your knowledge to real-world case scenarios and practices. This official Microsoft study guide is designed to help you make the most of your study time.
Maximize your performance on the exam by learning to:
- Install and configure SQL Server
- Create tables and indexes, define columns, and implement constraints
- Implement functions, stored procedures, and triggers by using Transact-SQL
- Work with relational and XML data
- Monitor, troubleshoot and tune queries
- Maintain database availability with log shipping, database mirroring, and replication
- Prepare a backup strategy and restore a database
Assess your skills with practice tests on CD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers?including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
Your training kit includes:
- Official self-paced study guide.
- Practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and a learning plan based on your results.
- 450 practice and review questions.
- Case scenarios, practice exercises, and best practices.
- 180-day evaluation version of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition.
- Fully searchable eBook.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
About the Author
The mentors at Solid Quality Learning combine deep technical expertise and real-world implementation experience to provide advanced solutions and training for the Microsoft SQL Server database platform.
Table of Contents
About the Authors
Chapter 1: Installing SQL Server 2005
Chapter 2: Configuring SQL Server 2005
Chapter 3: Creating Tables, Constraints, and User-Defined Types
Chapter 4: Creating Indexes
Chapter 5: Working with Transact-SQL
Chapter 6: Creating Partitions
Chapter 7: Implementing Views
Chapter 8: Managing XML Data
Chapter 9: Creating Functions, Stored Procedures, and Triggers
Chapter 10: Working with Flat Files
Chapter 11: Backing Up, Restoring, and Moving a Database
Chapter 12: Using Transact-SQL to Manage Databases
Chapter 13: Working with HTTP Endpoints
Chapter 14: Working with SQL Server Agent Jobs
Chapter 15: Monitoring and Troubleshooting SQL Server Performance
Chapter 16: Managing Database Snapshots
Chapter 17: Implementing Database Mirroring
Chapter 18: Implementing Log Shipping
Chapter 19: Managing Replication
Chapter 20: Working with Service Broker
Chapter 21: Creating Full-Text Catalogs
Exam 70-431: Microsoft SQL Server 2005—Implementation and Maintenance
Additional Resources for IT Professionals
Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2005 Training Kits