As inspiring as it is practical, Meatless features 200 recipes—each accompanied by a gorgeous photograph—for full-fledged vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. You’ll find recipes for classics and new favorites, plus plenty of low-fat, vegan, and gluten-free options, too.
More than just a cookbook, Meatless is also a roadmap to embracing a vegetable-based lifestyle. Here are dozens of versatile recipes that can be easily adapted, such as pizza with a variety of toppings, salads made from different whole grains, and pestos with unexpected flavors and ingredients. You’ll also find advice on stocking your pantry with vegetarian essentials (dried beans, pasta, herbs and spices), a collection of basic recipes and techniques (vegetable stock, tomato sauce, polenta), and make-ahead flavor-boosters (caramelized onions, roasted peppers, and quick pickles).
Comprehensive and indispensable, Meatless makes it easy to prepare flavor-packed dinners for any day, any occasion. And no one will miss the meat. Selections include:
• Small Plates to Mix and Match: Smashed Chickpea, Basil, and Radish Dip with Pita Chips; Roasted Baby Potatoes with Romesco Sauce; Stuffed Marinated Hot Red Chili Peppers; Grilled Polenta with Balsamic Mushrooms
• Stovetop Suppers: Frittata with Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Herbs; Spring Vegetable Ragout; Farro Risotto with Wild Mushrooms; Southwestern Hash
• Soups, Stews, and Chili: Tomato Soup with Poached Eggs; Bean Chili; White Cheddar Corn Chowder; Chickpea Curry with Roasted Cauliflower and Tomatoes
• Casseroles and other Baked Dishes: Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Shells; Italian Baked Eggplant with Seitan; Black-Bean Tortilla Casserole; Apple, Leek, and Squash Gratin
• Substantial Salads: Raw Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Toasted Walnuts; Avocado, Beet, and Orange Salad; Arugula, Potato, and Green Bean Salad with Creamy Walnut Dressing; Roasted-Tomato Tabbouleh
• Sandwiches, Burgers, and Pizzas: Quinoa Veggie Burgers; Grilled Asparagus and Ricotta Pizza; Chipotle Avocado Sandwich; Portobello and Zucchini Tacos
• Pasta and Other Noodles: Fettuccine with Parsley-Walnut Pesto; Roasted Cauliflower with Pasta and Lemon Zest; Soba and Tofu in Ginger Broth; No-Bake Lasagna with Ricotta and Tomatoes
• Simple Side Dishes: Mexican Creamed Corn; Cabbage and Green Apple Slaw; Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Mustard Seeds; Baked Polenta “Fries”
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 8.98(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
For more than twenty years, the food editors and chefs in the kitchens at MARTHA STEWART LIVING have produced dozens of bestselling cookbooks, including
Martha Stewart’s Cooking School, Martha's American Food, Martha Stewart’s Baking Handbook, Everyday Food: Great Food Fast, and Power Foods.
MARTHA STEWART is the author of more than 75 books on cooking, entertaining, crafts, home-keeping, gardens, weddings, and decorating. She is the host of Cooking School on PBS.
Table of ContentsForeword
Small Plates to Mix and Match
Soups, Stews, and Chili
Casseroles and Baked Pastas
Sandwiches, Burgers, and Pizzas
Pasta and Other Noodles
Simple Side Dishes
Basic Recipes and Techniques
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Love these recipes/pix! Inspired me to try going meatless for 2 weeks. All the recipes I tried from this book were excellent and well described. Still using the book.
I bought Martha's book to cut out red meat and to cook more healthy. I love this cookbook...especially the section in the back where she notes how to cook grains. I have that section tabed...my favorite, her farro cold salad....highly recommend.
Love this cookbook! I consider myself a "flexitarian" meaning I eat meatless 6 days a week. I have several vegetarian cookbooks, but this one has a great variety and offers wonderful flavors. SO glad I made this purchase!
I wanted this book and finally ordered it for myself - great pictures and great recipes!
Highly recommend this cookbook even if you are not a vegetarian. Recipies are easy and delicious.
Has quite a few pictures of the recipes
Te tom was a grey tom with icy blue eyes. He needs a mate.