Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Medical Group Management in Turbulent Times: How Physician Leadership Can Optimize Health Plan, Hospital, and Medical Group Performance provides you with proven methods and new strategies on how to deliver more effective health care, health products, and related services to patients and other consumers. Stressing physician leadership and proactive participation, this text will enhance your understanding of how a working relationship between practicing physicians and health care managers is a positive and necessary means for administering and managing quality health care now and in the future.
Through units preceded by defined goals, projected outcomes, and outcome analyses, Medical Group Management presents material to you in a practical, comprehensive manner on topics such as:
- understanding values and relationships among physicians, hospitals, and health plans working together toward a common goal
- establishing trust and communication between physicians, hospitals, and health plans
- embracing change as a catalyst for the enhancement of medical practice
- understanding the physicians’role in the management of a consumer-focused medical group
- planning for shifts in medical practice away from intervention and toward prevention
- creating jointly developed plans and budgets predicated upon principles of continuous quality improvement, such as eliminating unnecessary patient paperwork and improving employees’morale and job satisfaction
In addition, most units in this text feature a “factors to consider” category that advises you, for example, how to research competition, establish a target market, and research the demographics of a community before formulating a plan to increase your number of patients. Complete with recommendations, sample plans on how to market health services or better serve your patients, and suggestions on how to enhance quality care, Medical Group Management will give you the knowledge to successfully address problems and work together with other professionals in the health care community to provide quality services to patients and consumers now and into the next century.
Table of Contents
- Overview: The Management of Medical Groups in Turbulent Times
- Chapter 1. Changing Times, Trends, and the Business of Medicine
- Chapter 2. Consumer-Focused Practices in Health Care
- Chapter 3. Leadership by Physicians
- Chapter 4. Changes in the Medical Practice: Prevention and Management of Disease
- Chapter 5. Teamwork Between Physicians and Nonphysician Administrators
- Chapter 6. Physicians, Productivity, and Compensation
- Chapter 7. Organization and Governance
- Chapter 8. Operations
- Chapter 9. Mission-Based Planning
- Chapter 10. Financial Management
- Chapter 11. Positioning the Medical Group
- Chapter 12. Inferential Management