Medical Neuroscience / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This new medical neuroscience text stands alone as the most clinically focused resource of its kind. It zeroes in on the specific neuroscience knowledge needed in clinical setting. Over 200 case studies illustrate the practical applications of the material and encourage critical thinking about the concepts discussed. And, a full-color page design and more than 400 full-color illustrations help to make the material easy and enjoyable to read and understand.
• Design features full-color illustrations and page layout to enhance text.
• Text focuses on the clinical correlates that medical students need to know
• Clinical content is built into the text, not in a box on the side. This provides a clinical read thought the content without leaving the body of the text.
• The text is also designed to be a key reference for medical students pursuing their neurology clerkship rotation
• The text is intended to be a viable primary textbook for basic neuroscience courses in neuropsychology, audiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy, and it has been class-tested successfully with students in all of these fields.
• The text emphasizes conceptual and problem solving approaches; this approach appeals to understanding rather than memorization
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||7.66(w) x 10.22(h) x 0.97(d)|
Table of Contents
Preface for Educators
Preface for Medical Students
1. Major Divisions
2. Central Nervous System Vasculature, Blood Flow and Metabolism
4. Chemical Neurotransmission
6. The Motor System
8. Cranial Nerves and Brainstem Organization
10. Auditory and Vestibular Systems
11. Autonomic, Neuroendocrine and Regulatory Systems
12. Higher Neural Functions
Index of Cases (at the end of each volume)