Medical Office Administration / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This all-in-one textbook/workbook features practical information on medical office administrative procedures, skills, and equipment. It clearly details the important role played by medical office employees, showing the importance of being a multi-skilled front office professional. Problem-solving and team-building exercises are integrated into each chapter, enabling students to check their progress on application of topics as they progress through the material. The FREE CD-ROM included with the text simulates real-world scenarios in a contemporary office setting. Applicable CD-ROM exercises also appear in the chapter-ending review sections.
• The unique worktext format provides all text and exercises students need to master key administrative medical front office theory and skills.
• An outline of the AAMA (CMA) and AMT (RMA) defined entry-level competencies are specifically covered in each chapter, so students know where to focus their attention as they read and study.
• Practical activities and exercises in a variety of formats appear at the end of each chapter, helping students understand and apply material as well as develop critical thinking skills.
• Procedure boxes in applicable chapters offer step-by-step instructions on how to perform specific administrative tasks. A complete list of procedures is featured in the front of the text.
• Checkpoints throughout the text offer short, critical thinking review questions of previously learned material. Answers to the questions appear in the back of the book in an appendix.
• Competency checklists in an appendix spell out the individual steps required to complete a full range of administrative procedures so the instructor or student can evaluate performance.
• Boxes entitled You are the Medical Administrative Assistant feature critical thinking questions associated with a case scenario.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
Table of Contents
Unit 1 Working in the Health Care Environment
Chapter 1 The Career of a Medical Administrative Assistant
Chapter 2 The Health Care Team
Chapter 3 Medical Law
Chapter 4 Medical Ethics
Unit 2 Interacting with Patients
Chapter 5 The Diverse Community of Patients
Chapter 6 Interpersonal Communications
Chapter 7 Appointment Scheduling
Chapter 8 Patient Reception and Registration
Unit 3 Providing Patient Services
Chapter 9 Health Information Management
Chapter 10 Medical Billing
Chapter 11 Health Insurance
Unit 4 Directing the Activities of the Medical Office
Chapter 12 Business Operations of the Medical Office
Chapter 13 Financial Management
Chapter 14 Human Resource Management
Unit 5 Preparing for Your Career
Chapter 15 Job Search Essentials
I Answers to Checkpoint Questions
II Procedure Competency Checklists
III Instructions for Lytec Medical 2001 software
IV Table of Medical Abbreviations