Complete, yet concise, Medicine: A Competency-Based Companion provides the core information you need to think like an experienced clinician during your medical rotation. This handy, pocket-sized medical reference book hones in on the must-know differential diagnoses of the common medical presentations and guides you through the most up-to-date and effective approaches to treatment, equipping you to excel.
• Take it with you! A portable, pocket-sized format places high-yield core information essential to internal medicine rotations right in your lab coat.
• Assess your progress with activities to promote retention and application of knowledge, including online access to your own competency-based portfolio tools and competency-specific learning modules (Vertical Reads).
• Master ACGME Core Competencies to integrate evidence-based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine.
• Understand and assimilate critical concepts more easily with "Speaking Intelligently" and "Clinical Thinking" features in clinical chapters to help you see the "big picture."
• Quickly access the most common and must-know internal medicine signs/symptoms and disorders, conveniently organized by presentation.
• Grasp and retain vital information more easily thanks to "Teaching Visuals"an interactive teaching device designed to reinforce visual concepts.
• Perform a more in-depth review of internal medicine topics with "Clinical Entities" that are referenced to Andreoli and Carpenter’s Cecil Essentials of Medicine, 8th edition.
• Access the full contents online at www.studentconsult.com where you'll find the complete text and illustrations, "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles, an interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources, self-assessment competency log, vertical reads and much more!
Think like an experienced clinician and be better prepared for your rotation!
Table of Contents
Section I Introduction
Chapter 1 How to Study this Book
Chapter 2 The Competencies
Chapter 3 Tips for the Medicine Clerkship
Section II Ambulatory Internal Medicine
Chapter 4 Tips for Learning on the Ambulatory Clerkship
Chapter 5 Preventive Medicine
Chapter 6 Common Symptoms in Ambulatory Internal Medicine
Chapter 7 The Complex Patient
Section III Cardiovascular Diseases
Chapter 8 Chest Pain
Chapter 9 Congestive Heart Failure
Chapter 10 Palpitations and Arrhythmias
Chapter 11 Hypertension
Section IV Pulmonary Diseases
Chapter 12 Dyspnea
Chapter 13 Cough
Chapter 14 Hemoptysis
Chapter 15 Pulmonary Nodule
Section V Renal Diseases and Electrolyte Disorders
Chapter 16 Acute Kidney Injury
Chapter 17 Edema
Chapter 18 Acid-Base Disorders
Chapter 19 Abnormal Electrolytes
Chapter 20 Hematuria
Chapter 21 Dysuria
Chapter 22 Renal Mass
Section VI Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases
Chapter 23 Abdominal Pain
Chapter 24 Nausea and Vomiting
Chapter 25 Esophageal Dysphagia
Chapter 26 Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Chapter 27 Constipation
Chapter 28 Diarrhea
Chapter 29 Jaundice
Section VII Hematologic Diseases
Chapter 30 Elevated Blood Counts
Chapter 31 Pancytopenia
Chapter 32 Excessive Bleeding or Clotting
Chapter 33 Lymphadenopathy and Splenomegaly
Section VIII Oncologic Diseases
Chapter 34 Breast Mass
Chapter 35 Prostate Mass
Chapter 36 Testicular Mass
Chapter 37 Neck Mass
Chapter 38 Pigmented Skin Lesions
Chapter 39 Incidentally Discovered Mass Lesions
Chapter 40 Oncologic Emergencies
Chapter 41 Paraneoplastic Syndromes
Section IX Endocrine Diseases
Chapter 42 Polyuria and Polydipsia
Chapter 43 Hypoglycemia
Chapter 44 Weight Gain and Obesity
Chapter 45 Weight Loss
Chapter 46 Amenorrhea
Chapter 47 Fragility Fracture
Section X Rheumatologic Diseases
Chapter 48 Acute Joint Pain
Chapter 49 Chronic Joint Pain
Section XI Infectious Diseases
Chapter 50 Rash
Chapter 51 Skin and Soft Tissue Infections
Chapter 52 Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
Chapter 53 Genital Ulcers
Chapter 54 Vaginitis and Urethritis
Chapter 55 Fever in the Hospitalized Patient
Section XII Neurologic Diseases
Chapter 56 Altered Mental Status
Chapter 57 Dementia
Chapter 58 Seizures
Chapter 59 Abnormal Movements
Chapter 60 Headache
Chapter 61 Dizziness and Vertigo
Chapter 62 Weakness
Section XIII Appendices
Appendix 1 How to Interpret a Chest Radiograph
Appendix 2 How to Interpret an Electrocardiogram
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Come to Flaming Storm first result.
U can join Bullclan at wweell first result. ~ Bullstar