New English translation of the classic work by Adolf Hitler. Now, for the first time ever, in dual English-German text. This is a complete and unedited translation of Volume Two of Mein Kampf, in modern and highly readable American English. This is the first such effort since the 1940s, and it far surpasses all existing versions. This edition includes section headings, helpful footnotes, bibliography, and useful index.
Mein Kampf is the autobiography and articulated worldview of one of the most consequential leaders in world history. It is also one of the most maligned and least understood texts of the 20th century. A major problem in the Anglophone world has been the poor state of English translations. Both the Mannheim and Murphy editions are poor efforts, awkwardly phrased, and replete with archaic British wording; they are simply painful to read. The new Dalton translation is clear, lucid, and highly readable—and yet true to the original. And, unlike every other edition, this version has authentic section headings embedded in the text, which serve to both organize Hitler’s ideas and to parse long sections of text into manageable units.
Dalton’s translation will become the standard reference for this famous work.
|Edition description:||New English Translation, in Dual English-German Text. ed.|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.37(d)|
Table of Contents
- WORLDVIEW AND PARTY
- THE STATE
- SUBJECTS AND CITIZENS
- PERSONALITY AND THE FOLKISH STATE-CONCEPT
- WORLDVIEW AND ORGANIZATION
- STRUGGLE IN EARLY TIMES: SIGNIFICANCE OF THE SPOKEN WORD
- CONFLICT WITH THE RED FRONT
- THE STRONG MAN IS MIGHTIEST ALONE
- BASIC IDEAS REGARDING THE MEANING AND ORGANIZATION OF THE S.A.
- THE MASK OF FEDERALISM
- PROPAGANDA AND ORGANIZATION
- THE TRADE UNION QUESTION
- GERMAN POST-WAR ALLIANCE POLICY
- GERMANY’S POLICY IN EASTERN EUROPE
- THE RIGHT TO EMERGENCY DEFENSE