Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
The many quilters who want to preserve and celebrate their memories of a person or time will be inspired by these innovative projects and techniques.
Memory Quilts presents original projects for remembering someone you have loved, celebrating milestones such as births and weddings, or capturing other memories from a sports team's big year to your grandmother's kitchen. Memory quilting is popular for many of the same reasons as scrapbooking. Both preserve and display memories, both often include photos that would otherwise be hidden away in a box, both are creatively exciting, and, most importantly, both help people cope with tough times and celebrate good times. Memory Quilts will inspire and touch this audience with wonderful quilts that are both meaningful and innovative. Many special techniques for memory quilting are introduced, such as how to attach heavy memorabilia, write on the quilt, and transfer photographs to cloth.
Each project includes step-by-step instructions, photographs and diagrams, and ideas for adapting the design. These memory quilts will be special forever.
- Like scrapbooking, memory quilts are a popular way to preserve and celebrate important memories.
- 21 step-by-step projects that introduce special techniques for memory quilting.
- Includes group projects for families, religious communities, quilt clubs, and children, plus how to organize a group quilt project.
- For the advanced beginner or intermediate quilter.
- Sandy Bonsib is the author of five successful quilting books, including two about the popular technique of photo transfer.
|Product dimensions:||8.25(w) x 10.88(h) x 0.38(d)|
About the Author
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Sandy Bonsib is a quilt designer and teacher and author of five quilt books including Quilting Your Memories and Quilting More Memories. She lives in Washington.
Table of Contents
Memory Quilts ContentsMaking a Memory Quilt
Remembering When They Were Small
- When Kate Was One: Remembering Childhood with a Quilt Featuring a Special Garment
- Look What I Drew: Quilt from a Child's Artwork
- Memories of Christmas Past: Displaying Ornaments Made by Your Children
- I'll Never Forget My Friends in Brownie Troop 239: A Group Project for Children
- A Team to Remember: Celebrating a Favorite Sports Team
- Play That Song Again: For a Teen or Music Lover Featuring CD or Album Covers
- Jewelry with a Past: Display Old Earrings, Charms, Other Jewelry with Special Meaning
- Grandmom's Kitchen: Displaying Memorabilia
- Great Grandmother's Sewing Notions: Theme Quilt from Family Heirlooms
- It's a Boy!: Quilt with Best Wishes from Family and Friends
- Graduation Day: Celebrate with a Quilt Made from the Gown and Other Mementoes
- Walking Down the Aisle: A Pillow for a Favorite Wedding Photograph
- To Grandpa at 80: Message Quilt to Mark a Milestone Birthday
- He Loved to Fish: A Memorial Quilt about Favorite Past-Times
- A Watercolor Memory: A Memory Quilt Featuring Someone's Artwork or Photography
- Our Wonderful Lab: Memory Quilt about a Pet
- Four Generations of Women: Family History Quilt with Photographs and Heirlooms
- America Remembers: Flag Quilt to Honor People or Events
- When This You See, Remember Me: Small Quilt Projects from Damaged Antique Quilts and Blocks
- I Love Quilts: A Photo Gallery of the Quilts You've Made