A four year journey into the heart of Metal Music
What are the chances!
An unexpected musical encounter with the Melodic Music Band Wintersun played on a friends car cd both inspired and fuelled a special adventure that took me to a metal music festival in Germany where I shed old prejudices, discovered the magic of crowdsurfing and met music heroes Jari Mäenpää, Teemu Mäntysaari, Jukka Koskinen and Kai Hahtu.
Then on to Helsinki in Finland where I...
- Experienced a powerful and unexpected form of Nature
- Exchanged my comfort zone for faith and trust
- Saw the Northern Lights by a Sacred Lake in Inari,
- Found my inner artist and poet
- Met Indigenous Sami folk
- Listened to story telling stones
- Found my inner story teller
- Saw other worldly visions
- Met one of my metal music Heroes, Teemu Mäntysaari, on the Helsinki Metro and had a great unforgettable guitar lesson with him
- Got into Tuska Music Festival with just my bus pass
- Experianced traditional perfect smoked saunas
- Enjoyed some wild swimming
- Drank clear sweet water in Finland
- Visited the Hans Anderson museum in Denmark
- Visited Santa Clause at the Arctic Circle
- Experienced amazing metal music
- And recalibrated my spiritual compass
...And then I wrote this journal.