Methods for Effective Teaching: Meeting the Needs of All Students, 5e
Paul R. Burden, Kansas State University
David M. Byrd, University of Rhode Island
“I would be more likely to adopt Methods for Effective Teaching because of its straightforward and user-friendly approach. It is full of practical, rather than esoteric, suggestions. Additionally, it provides concrete examples of the different instructional strategies in the book.”" --Dr. Joan Pedro, University of Hartford
The fifth edition of Methods for Effective Teaching provides research-based coverage of K-12 general teaching methods while uniquely emphasizing today’s contemporary issues such as promoting student understanding, creating a learning community, and differentiating instruction. Accessible and reader-friendly, this book is the perfect combination of sound teaching methods and cutting edge content. The teaching strategies presented here will help teachers to be effective in meeting the needs of all the students they teach.
Features for Student Success:
New to this Edition
- “Voices from the Classroom” testimonials, highlighted in every chapter, provide readers with different, insightful perspectives from real teachers.
- “What Would You Decide?” feature in each chapter encourages readers to make thoughtful, personal decisions regarding the application of concepts.
- Addresses professional standards from INTASC, Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching, Praxis III, and the Standards of the NBPTS in table format at the beginning of the book.
- Presents comprehensive coverage of classroom management and discipline (Chs. 9 and 10) and assessment and reporting (Chs. 11 and 12).
- NEW! Chapter 1 has been extensively revised to highlight the teacher as a decision maker.
- NEW! Showcases extensive coverage of how to teach English language learners in all classrooms throughout the book, including a detailed discussion of the SIOP (Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol) Model and Universal Design for Learning.
- NEW! Offers new coverage of the concept of backward mapping in Chapter 2 when discussing planning.
To order this book WITHOUT MyEducationLab use this ISBN: 9780137008049. To order this book WITH MyEducationLab use this ISBN: 9780136101048.