The Microbial Challenge: Science, Disease And Public Health / Edition 2 available in Paperback
A fascinating look at human-microbe interactions.
- Discusses the ways in which beneficial microbes are involved in the cycles of nature and in the food industry, and how they are used as research tools.
- Includes material on prions, helminths, biological warfare and terrorism, antibiotic resistance, the global impact of microbial diseases, and immunization.
- Helps students better understand the biology of the microbial world and the societal factors that are both the cause and consequences of microbial disease.
- Provides a gripping account of the burden of microbial diseases throughout the world.
- Serves as an ideal text for undergraduate non-science majors and allied and public health students.
- Includes an Instructors ToolKit CD-ROM with a PowerPoint image bank, PowerPoint lecture slides, chapter summaries, and a test bank.
- Co-published with Jones and Bartlett Publishers