Microeconomics with Srd/EIA 5.0(Package) / Edition 5 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
Second Edition.The core of the principles course has been around for more than 100 years, and other important elements, especially part of the theory of the firm and Keynesian macro-economics, have been with us for more than 50 years. But economics has also been developing and changing rapidly during the past few decades. All principles texts pay some attention to these more recent developments, but none has succeeded in integrating the new and traditional. My goal has been to incorporate new ideas-game theory, the modern theory of the firm, information, and public choice-into the body of timeless principles.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.31(w) x 10.47(h) x 0.84(d)|
Table of Contents
I. THE SCOPE OF ECONOMICS.
2. Making and Using Graphs.
3. The Economic Problem.
II. How Markets Work.
6. Efficiency and Equity.
7. Markets in Action.
III. HOUSEHOLDS' CHOICES.
9. Possibilities, Preferences, and Choices.
IV. FIRMS AND MARKETS.
11. Output and Costs.
12. Perfect Competition.
14. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly.
V. RESOURCE MARKETS.
16. Labor Markets.
17. Inequality, Redistribution, and Health Care.
VI. MARKET FAILURE AND GOVERNMENT.
19. Regulation and Antitrust Law.
20. Externalities, The Environment, and Knowledge.
21. Uncertainty and Information.
VII. THE THEMES OF MACROECONOMICS.
23. Measuring GDP, Economic Growth, and Inflation.
24. Measuring Employment and Unemployment.
25. Aggregate Supplyand Aggregate Demand.
VIII. Aggregate Supply and Economic Growth.
27. Capital, Investment, and Saving.
28. Economic Growth.
IX. AGGREGATE DEMAND AND INFLATION.
30. Fiscal Policy.
32. Monetary Policy.
X. Stabilization Problems and Policies.
35. Macroeconomic Policy Challenges.
XI. THE GLOBAL ECONOMY.
37. International Finance