Transform the ways you communicate, create, collaborate, and explore using Microsoft HoloLensAbout This Book
- Create immersive augmented reality apps for Microsoft HoloLens from scratch
- Leverage the powerful HoloLens sensors to interact with real-world motions and gestures and make your app life-like
- Explore the powerful Unity 5 SDK along with the Windows Unified platform to get the most out of your HoloLens app
If you are a developer who wants to create augmented reality apps for the Microsoft HoloLens platform, then this is the book for you. Coding experience with C# is assumed.What You Will Learn
- Design an app for HoloLens that is feasible and attractive to use
- Add gestures and interact with them
- Create sounds in the app and place them in a 3D space
- Use voice generation and voice recognition to make your apps more lifelike
- Interact with the physical environment to place holograms on top of physical objects
- Compare HoloLens with the other products and know how to use its strengths
- Use assets from third parties to enrich our app
HoloLens, Microsoft's innovative augmented reality headset, overlaps holograms into a user's vision of their environment. Your ideas are closer to becoming real when you can create and work with holograms in relation to the world around you. If you are dreaming beyond virtual worlds, beyond screens, beyond pixels, and want to take a big leap in the world of augmented reality, then this is the book you want.
Starting off with brainstorming and the design process, you will take your first steps in creating your application for HoloLens. You will learn to add gestures and write an app that responds to verbal commands before gradually moving on creating sounds in the app and placing them in a 3D space. You will then communicate between devices in the boundaries of the UWP model.Style and approach
This book takes a step-by-step, practical, tutorial-style approach where you will dive deep into HoloLens app development. You will work with the API and write your own complex scripts that would interact with the powerful HoloLens sensors and with realistic examples, you will be able to create immersive 3D apps for HoloLens.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Dennis Vroegop is a freelance senior team lead, software architect, speaker, and ten times awardee of the Microsoft MVP Award (C#, Surface, Hardware Interaction Design and Development, Kinect for Windows, and Emerging Experiences).
He is a designer and developer of new ways to interact with people, using multi-touch systems and camera-based solutions.
Dennis feels most comfortable leading teams to a better way of working. Software development teams on the Microsoft platform, including but not limited to stakeholders, product owners, product managers, developers, and customers benefit from his knowledge of good team work, quality assurance, and professional software development.
Next to that, Dennis is a proficient professional speaker at smaller and large events.