In-depth, comprehensive, and fully revised for R2—this RESOURCE KIT delivers the information you need to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2. Get technical insights, scenarios, and best practices from those who know the technology best—the engineers who designed and developed it—along with 90+ Windows PowerShell™ scripts, bonus references, and other essential resources on CD.
Get expert advice on how to:
- Plan server roles, infrastructure, topology, and security
- Design and manage enterprise instant messaging (IM), presence, and conferencing solutions
- Configure voice mail, enterprise voice, dual-forking (PBX), and VoIP
- Apply industry best practices for deployment
- Manage Unified Communications clients and devices
- Administer remote access, federation, and public IM
- Understand SIP and authentication technologies
- Implement a cross-team backup-and-restore plan
- Automate management tasks—sample scripts included
- Monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot problems more efficiently
- 90+ Windows PowerShell scripts for automating administrative tasks
- Office Communication Server Resource Kit tools
- Links to references and webcasts
- Understanding Microsoft Virtualization Solutions eBook
- Four appendixes, including Windows PowerShell functions, Direct SIP with IP-PBX, and A/V troubleshooting
- Bonus content—Chapters from 15 related Microsoft Press® books
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via OReilly Medias Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit OReillys web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Edition description:||with CD|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 8.50(h) x 1.80(d)|
About the Author
With 18 years of experience in the software industry, Rui Maximo had the opportunity to work on over 20 commercial software products for Microsoft, IBM, RSA, Greenplum, and startups. He has held various roles over the years as software design engineer, program manager, software test engineer, consultant, author, presenter, and instructor.
Rui's areas of expertise include:
- software design and development
- Technical writing
- Unified Communications
- Directory services
Rick Kingslan is a Microsoft senior technical writer, trainer, and consultant with expertise helping customers implement infrastructure services, including Office Communications Server.
Rajesh Ramanathan led the team that shipped VoIP, IM, and conferencing for Communicator 2007, and has extensive background in telecommunications, protocols, and application development.
Nirav Kamdar is a development lead on the Office Communications Server team, and previously served on the Microsoft Exchange, Office, and Windows® engineering teams.