Hey, you know your way around a document—so now dig into Word 2003 and really put your word processing expertise to work! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds all in concise, fast-answer format. It’s all muscle and no fluff. Discover the best and fastest ways to perform everyday tasks, and challenge yourself to new levels of Word mastery!
- Master the tools to expertly organize, edit, format, and present your content
- Create visual impact with pictures, diagrams, tables, 3-D effects, and more
- Use the Research Task Pane to find fast facts on the fly
- Link charts, tables, and graphs to live data
- Work better together by creating shared workspaces online
- Produce polished Web sites directly from Word
- Help protect documents with information rights management (IRM), digital certificates, and other security tools
- Add audio review notes—or handwrite changes on your Tablet PC!
- Use XML, forms, and Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to make your information work harder
- Complete eBook in PDF format
- Insider Extras—including a reference of built-in Word commands, an XML Cheat Sheet, articles, and more
- Catalog of Word resources with links to third-party tools and demos
- Microsoft resources and demos, including Insider’s Guide to Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 eBook
- Tablet PC Quick Reference eBook
- Microsoft Computer Dictionary, Fifth Edition, eBook—10,000+ entries
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
Mary Millhollon, a certified Expert-level Microsoft Office User Specialist in Word, is the owner of Bughouse Productions and a bona fide computer geek. She has enough years of publishing, design, and computer experience to count, including hands-on experience in the book, magazine, newspaper, courseware, and Web publishing industries. Mary is a freelance writer, editor, Web designer, and Internet expert, working daily (and nightly) with desktop applications and online technologies. Mary's educational background is a blend of art, English, journalism, and computer science, which lends itself well to today's constantly morphing computer technology. Her most recent publications include Easy Web Page Creation (Microsoft Press) and a collection of other computer-related books about Internet browsers, HTML (beginner and advanced), Microsoft Office applications, online communities, Web graphics, online auctions, and other desktop, Internet, network, application, and design topics.
Katherine Murray is the author or coauthor of 40+ computer books, including First Look Microsoft® Office 2010, Microsoft® Word 2003 Inside Out, and First Look 2007 Microsoft® Office System. She is also a columnist on the Microsoft® Office Community site on Microsoft.com.